What are your thoughts on public transport in the region?
The Council is inviting submissions on its Draft Regional Public Transport Plan 2020-2030.
It's an opportunity to have your say on future of the region's public transport services - the Citylink, Connector and Southlink bus networks, and the regional Total Mobility scheme which provides subsidised transport for those who can’t use buses due to disabilities or infirmities.
Among other issues, the Regional Public Transport Plan will:
- Guide the comprehensive regional bus service review planned for later this year - the first for 10 years.
- Address the future of under-used and uneconomic services.
- Address the extent to which concession fares should be available.
- Address the transition to low-emission buses.
Submissions must be made by 25 September. If a hearing is required, it will take place on 19 October.
Making a submission
You can make a submission by:
- Using the online submission form(external link)
- Emailing email@example.com with 'Submission on the Taranaki Regional Public Transport Plan' in the subject line.
- Posting your submission to Taranaki Regional Council, Private Bag 713, Stratford 4352 with the envelope clearly marked 'Submission on the Taranaki Regional Public Transport Plan'.