Tranzit Coachlines and the Taranaki Regional Council want all passengers to enjoy a comfortable and safe environment when using this service.
All students and other passengers must understand and comply with this code of conduct.
All passengers have the right to:
- Fair treatment and respect.
- A friendly and efficient service.
- A safe, comfortable and clean environment when waiting or travelling.
You are responsible for:
- Your belongings and personal effects.
- Your own behaviour.
- Paying the correct fare when boarding (cash or SmartCard).
- Showing the required identification if claiming a discounted fare when boarding.
- Reporting any mistreatment or damage to property.
- Following the instructions of any bus driver, Regional Council Officer, security or police officer.
- Understanding and respecting the rights of other people using or waiting for a bus at a designated area.
You must not:
- Threaten, bully, harass or cause physical or verbal harm to others (this includes other passengers and pedestrians or people in other vehicles). Police or schools (if a student is involved) will be contacted to take action.
- Eat, chew gum, smoke or vape on the bus.
- Sit or stand in step-wells or on armrests, or place feet on the back of the seats.
- Drink alcoholic or non alcoholic beverages; this contravenes the Transport Act.
- Spit or litter. Please use rubbish bins at the front of the bus.
- Tag, graffiti or damage anything. This behaviour may lead to police involvement.
- Stand in front of the driver.
- Take an animal on to the bus unless it is a guide dog.
- Use emergency equipment unless it is in an emergency situation.
No responsibility will be taken by Tranzit Coachlines or the Taranaki Regional Council for the loss of property. If you find lost property, please give it to the driver. If you have lost something on the bus, please contact Tranzit Coachlines phone 0800 87 22 87.
When disembarking, please wait until the bus has cleared the stop before crossing the road.
For your personal security Citylink buses are monitored by closed circuit television (CCTV) cameras. CCTV images are recorded for the purpose of crime prevention, detection, legal proceedings, research, training, driver and public safety. Images may be disclosed to Police or other authorities for the purpose of upholding the law. Images or footage may be used in court or tribunal proceedings.
Failure to comply with this code of conduct may result in legal action or removal of your rights to use the Citylink bus service.