Citylink school bus services operate within New Plymouth, and between New Plymouth and Omata-Oakura, and between New Plymouth and Bell Block-Waitara and townships beyond Waitara.
School bus routes
Orbiters 51 to 54: Clockwise and anticlockwise services linking all New Plymouth secondary and intermediate schools.
Routes 91-93 and Route 95: Direct, afternoon-only services from NPGHS, NPBHS, Sacred Heart and Highlands Intermediate to the Ariki St Bus Centre.
Route 12: Merrilands to Spotwood College, via NPBHS and Devon Intermediate.
Route 14: Mangorei to Sacred Heart Girls College via New Plymouth Girls High School.
Waitara / Urenui / Motunui / Tikorangi / Lepperton
Routes 21 to 24.
Routes 30 to 34
Route 21 from and to Waitara also serves Bell Block.
Routes 40 and 42-45
Citylink school bus fares
|Zone||Within NP||NP ↔ BB or Omata||NP ↔ Oākura||NP ↔ Waitara|
|Child (student) - single trip|
Please note that:
- All fares are one-way.
- Prices include GST.
New Plymouth: New Plymouth from the 100 km/h sign on South Road (west of NP) through along Devon Road (SH3) north up to and including Egmont Road. South to the corner of SH3 and Mangorei Road.
Omata: Omata village from (but excluding) Plymouth Road along SH45 to (including Beach Road) to the 50km/h signs entering New Plymouth.
Oākura: Oakura township, from and including Wairau Rd, along SH45 through to and including Plymouth Road.
Bell Block: Bell Block township from (but excluding) Egmont Road along Devon Road (SH3), along Devon Road through to and including Mountain Road.
Waitara: Waitara township from (but excluding) Mountain Road through Brixton, to the corner Main North Road and Bayly Street. South along Princess St to and including Rahiri Street
BUS DEPARTURE POINTS
See our page of maps showing school-bus afternoon departure points at New Plymouth secondary and intermediate schools. Each map is also downloadable in PDF format.
Discounted fares are available on all school services with a Bee Card. They offer the same discount as the former 40-trip smart cards, which are no longer able to be used.
Bee cards cost $5, plus a minimum top-up of $5. The minimum recharge amount is $5. They can recharged on the bus (cash only) or at Puke Ariki i-SITE, Ariki St Bus Centre, Waitara Library, Bell Block Library or Tranzit Coachlines.
Cards can be obtained online at www.beecard.co.nz(external link), or from:
- Puke Ariki i-SITE.
- Bus Centre Ariki Street, (Dalroy Tours office), between 9.30-3.30pm Monday to Friday
- Tranzit Coachlines, 15 Sunley St, New Plymouth.
Links and downloads
BEHAVIOUR ON THE BUS
All students and other passengers must understand and comply with this code of conduct.
All passengers have the right to:
- Fair treatment and respect.
- A friendly and efficient service.
- A safe, comfortable and clean environment when waiting or travelling.
You are responsible for:
- Your belongings and personal effects.
- Your own behaviour.
- Paying the correct fare when boarding (cash or Smart Card).
- Showing the required identification if claiming a discounted fare when boarding.
- Reporting any mistreatment or damage to property.
- Following the instructions of any bus driver, Regional Council Officer, security or police officer.
- Understanding and respecting the rights of other people using or waiting for a bus at a designated area.
You must not:
- Threaten, bully, harass or cause physical or verbal harm to others (this includes other passengers and pedestrians or people in other vehicles). Police or schools (if a student is involved) will be contacted to take action.
- Eat, chew gum or smoke on the bus.
- Sit or stand in step-wells or on armrests, or place feet on the back of the seats.
- Drink alcoholic or non alcoholic beverages; this contravenes the Transport Act.
- Spit or litter. Please use rubbish bins at the front of the bus.
- Tag, graffiti or damage anything. This behaviour may lead to police involvement.
- Stand in front of the driver.
- Take an animal on to the bus unless it is a guide dog.
- Use emergency equipment unless it is in an emergency situation.
No responsibility will be taken by Tranzit Coachlines or the Taranaki Regional Council for the loss of property. If you find lost property, please give it to the driver. If you have lost something on the bus, please contact Tranzit Coachlines phone 0800 87 22 87.
When disembarking, please wait until the bus has cleared the stop before crossing the road.
Failure to comply with this code of conduct may result in legal action or removal of your rights to use the Citylink bus service.