The Connector runs four return trips Monday to Friday between Hāwera and New Plymouth, extending from and to Opunake on the first and last run. Info line: 0800 26 63 28
DELAYS, JAN-FEB 2021: Significant delays to Connector services are expected due to major SH3 roadworks from 11 January 2021
Booking is essential - all passengers, all services.
Hospital patients/visitors should book (for all services, no matter what time of day) by calling the TDHB - Hāwera 278 9929, Stratford 765 7189 or New Plymouth 753 6139.
WITT students should use our online registration form and, to take advantage of free fares, load their WITT details on to their Bee Card using our online form for concession applications(external link)
The Hāwera-New Plymouth Connector is operated by Pickering Motors Ltd under contract to the Taranaki Regional Council, with funding support from the Taranaki District Health Board and WITT.
Connector fares & Bee Card information
Fares to/from New Plymouth
|CHILD and CONCESSION|
- These fares one-way only
- Under-5s free when accompanied by an adult.
- WITT students and TDHB patients and visitors travel for free - conditions apply.
- SuperGold Card holders travel for free between 9am and 3pm and after 6.30pm. Card must be shown.
- Concession fares available for Communities Services Card holders, senior citizens, non-WITT tertiary students, Access card holders - proof of ID required
- Your Bee Card needs to be loaded with your concession fare information to ensure your travel is on the reduced fare. This applies to those on Access fares, SuperGold Card users and WITT students. More information on concessions and Bee Cards(external link)
Want discounted fares? Want to avoid the hassles of carrying cash? Bee Card ticketing is available on all services.
Bee cards cost $5, plus a minimum top-up of $5. The minimum recharge amount is $5. Cards can be obtained online at www.beecard.co.nz(external link), or from:
- Opunake — Pickering Motors Ltd, 11 Tennyson St (top-ups also available), or Opunake Library Plus, 43 Tasman St.
- Hāwera — South Taranaki i-SITE, 55 High St (top-ups also available).
- Stratford — Stratford i-SITE, Prospero Place (top-ups also available).
- New Plymouth — Puke Ariki i-SITE, 1 Ariki St (top-ups also available), or Bus Centre, 19 Ariki Street, (Dalroy Tours office), 9.30am-3.30pm Mon-Fri (top-ups also available).
Links and downloads
Cash and Smart Card concession fares are available for children aged 5-16 years, non-WITT tertiary students, senior citizens, beneficiaries and ACCESS card holders
To claim a concession fare you must show the driver an appropriate form of ID.
- Seniors: Super Gold card,
- Tertiary students: Student ID
- Child: Student ID on request of driver
- Beneficiary: Community Services Card
- ACCESS – ACCESS card - for people with impairments. Contact Taranaki Disability Information Centre on 06 759 0019.
Holders of SuperGold Cards can travel free on off-peak Connector services (between 9am and 3pm).
The SuperGold Card is available to all eligible New Zealanders aged 65 or over and those under this age who receive NZ Superannuation or the Veterans Pension. For more information, go to www.supergold.govt.nz(external link).