Southlink bus services run one or two days a week and are operated by Weir Brothers and Pickering Motors under contract to the Taranaki Regional Council.
Which towns on which days?
- Waverley to Hāwera (via Pātea, Kakaramea, Manutahi & Mokoia) & return
- Opunake to Hāwera (via Kaponga & Manaia, & Ohawe on demand) & return
The Hāwera-New Plymouth Connector runs four return trips between Hāwera and New Plymouth (through Normanby, Eltham, Stratford and Inglewood), extending from and to Opunake via Manaia on the first and final services.
South of Hāwera
$3 flat fare; $2 child fare; $2 ACCESS fare
North of Hāwera
$2 flat fare; $1 child fare; $1 ACCESS fare
- All fares one-way only
- Under-5s free when accompanied by an adult
- Super Gold card holders travel free on services between 9am and 3pm
- $1 discount for school-age children
- $1 discount for ACCESS cardholders
- $1 discount for Total Mobility cardholders
Under the Access scheme, discounted fares are available for people with permanent or temporary disabilities.
The scheme is for people with any permanent or temporary disability that prevents them driving a private vehicle.
To enquire about Access tickets, contact the Taranaki Disabilities Information Centre on 06 759 0019.
Holders of SuperGold Cards can travel free on off-peak Southlink services (those running between 9am and 3pm).
The SuperGold Card is available to all eligible New Zealanders aged 65 or over and those under this age who receive NZ Superannuation or the Veterans Pension.
For more information, go to www.supergold.govt.nz(external link).