The Taranaki Regional Council works with the Taranaki community to help make the region a fantastic place to live, play and do business.
Our healthy environment is highly valued and the provision of services, amenities and infrastructure are vital to the well-being and lifestyle of everyone in Taranaki. Strong investment by the Taranaki community and the Council contributes to Taranaki’s enviable lifestyle:
- Checking river health.
- Monitoring swimming spots.
- Restoring native habitats.
- World-class Pukeiti, Tupare and Hollard gardens.
- Public bus services.
- Investing in Yarrow Stadium.
- Assisting Puke Ariki, heritage and culture.
The Council works with the region’s industries, farmers, iwi and communities to ensure the sustainable use, development and protection of our environment which supports a strong regional economy:
Reporting environmental performance.
- Promoting riparian fencing and planting.
- Supporting sustainable farming.
- Eliminating possums, other predators and pest plants.
- Providing flood protection.
- Monitoring nature’s extremes.
Taking Taranaki forward
- Connecting people and planning for the future.
- Supporting community initiatives.
- Building scientific knowledge.
- Educating future generations
- Owning Port Taranaki.
Taranaki Regional Council — working with people, caring for Taranaki.
To work for a thriving and prosperous Taranaki by:
- Promoting the sustainable use, development and protection of our natural and physical resources.
- Safeguarding Taranaki’s people and resources from natural and other hazards.
- Promoting and providing for significant services, amenities and infrastructure.
- Representing Taranaki’s interests and contributions regionally, nationally and internationally.
Local Governance Statement 2019-2022
These standing orders are intended to enable the orderly conduct Council meetings. They incorporate legislative provisions relating to meetings, decision making and transparency. They also include practical guidance to ensure statutory provisions are complied with, and the spirit of the legislation fulfilled.(single document only)