The Council is proposing new bylaws to address protection of river control and flood protection assets it owns and operates.
The proposed bylaws have been developed to protect river control and flood protection assets, including floodways, defences against water, flood protection vegetation, hydrological devices and equipment and survey benchmarks managed by, or under the control of the Council. Under the Local Government Act 2002, the Council must engage with the public on the proposed bylaws and provide the opportunity for the public to give feedback on the proposal and, if desired, speak to the Council on their submission.The Council is now seeking such feedback.
Make a submission
The Council welcomes your views and feedback
Any organisation or member of the public may make a submission on the Proposed River Control and Flood Protection Bylaws for Taranaki. A submission is a statement in support of, or in opposition to, any part of the Statement of Proposal or the Proposed River Control and Flood Protection Bylaws for Taranaki.
Submissions should focus on:
- The effectiveness of the proposed bylaws in protecting river control and flood protection assets.
- Identifying any cross boundary or management issues.
- Identifying any gaps or additional activities required to address the protection of river control or flood protection assets.
If you would like to make a submission please use the online form below. Alternatively, if you do not wish to submit but do want to be kept up to date with the bylaw process please register to be included on the bylaw mailing list to receive updates and information as it becomes available. Submitters will be automatically added to the mailing list and do not need to register.
Note: these forms work best in Chrome.
|Make a submission(external link)||Register for updates(external link)|
You can also submit by:
- Emailing your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org and including ‘Submission on the Proposed River Control and Flood Protection Bylaws for Taranaki’ as the subject heading.
- Posting your submission to Submission on the Proposed River Control and Flood Protection Bylaws for Taranaki’,Taranaki Regional Council, Private Bag 713, Stratford 4352 and including as the subject ‘.
If you are making a submission by email or by post, please include your contact details and whether you wish to speak to your submission at a hearing.
Submissions are open until 5pm on Friday 21 August.
When making a submission:
- Clearly state your name, address, email, telephone number and preferences on being heard at a hearing.
- State the most important points you want the Council to consider.
- Make your comments as specific as possible.
- Include the relevant section to which your comments refer.