Applying for consents

Find out how the resource consent application process works, what you need to do, and how long it may take.

Do I need a resource consent?

If you are considering an activity which may require a resource consent, Taranaki Regional Council Consents staff can assist you.

Types of resource consent

The Council’s main consent types are discharge consents, wellsite consents, land use consents, water permits and coastal permits.

Obtaining a resource consent

Applications for resource consents need to be thoroughly and accurately prepared before being submitted to the Council. If you do this, your application is more likely to be proces...