How does our business become a supporter?
We'll have a chat with you to figure out what works for your business and staff. Generally, as a starting point we ask that you install and maintain traps and/or bait stations on and around your business premises. We can provide ongoing help and advice.
Other great ways to help are:
- Become an ambassador for our project! Tell your clients, partners and team about Towards Predator-Free Taranaki, how you are helping and the impact predator control is having on our region.
- Buy urban backyard rat trap kits from us at $10 each and distribute to staff, clients or partners to use at home. The kit includes a pet and child-safe wooden trap box, an easy-to-use T-Rex trap, gloves, a letterbox sticker and instruction sheets.
- Take responsibility for traps in an assigned space, usually a public park, reserve or walkway. We provide the equipment and training, you ensure the traps are checked regularly (minimum monthly but once a week if possible), re-baited and catches recorded on the trap.nz app. You may wish to organise a roster for staff who want to take part – whether they do it during work hours, on lunch breaks or weekends is up to you.
What will our business get in return?
- First and foremost, the satisfaction of knowing you are contributing to a better Taranaki. Who doesn’t want more tūī in their garden, or kiwi returning to our bush?
- A Towards Predator-Free Taranaki Supporter sticker to display on your premises plus a digital version for your website, social media and publicity material. With your permission, we’ll also include you on the list of supporters in our publicity material.
- Free predator control advice for your business and staff. If there’s sufficient interest, we can offer on-site workshops for staff interested in trapping at home.
- Great team-building opportunities. We know the benefits our volunteers get from being in the outdoors, working together and making a difference to their local community.
- Become a more attractive employer. We believe people want to work for a company that not only cares about its local environment, but is pro-actively taking steps to protect and restore it.
What if we already have a pest control plan in place?
That’s great! If you’re keen, we’d love to recognise you as a Towards Predator-Free Taranaki supporter. Get in touch and let us know what you’re doing, this helps give us a wider picture of predator control efforts across the region.
How do we sign up?
If you’re keen to become a supporter, or would like more information, contact Chauncy or Angeliqe on 0800 736 222 or email email@example.com.
Download the Corporate Supporter brochure as a PDF here.
Read about businesses and organisations who are already doing their bit here.